For this rube the project requirements were that our rube had to have 12 steps and that employs and simple machine, an object had to be raised/projectile at least 12 inches, the rube needed to work from start to finish without and assistance, professional dress, and we printed the display of our analysis of the rube. Our rube was to pour a glass of water without any spills. Our idea at the beginning was that it was supposed to make hot cocoa with boiling the water but once we started the process of building and testing we learned that a lot of this was not possible due to how we were limited to items, so we went to a simple idea. Our rube has about 13 steps with it projecting an object and raising an object up and then cutting it. At the exhibition we all in our group dressed very professional. Some of the three questions for our groups were that What hands on skills did you learn through working in your group and we mostly learned that solving problems was the most answered question because we had a lot of problems with our rube due to people snagging our parts, low of supplies, and communicating to others. Another question was what steps were most challenging to make, and that answer is the last step where the ball had to roll of with enough speed to hit another plank and has scissors cutting the string because sometimes we didn't have enough speed to cut the string and also some things would be out of place so that was the most challenging. The last question of the three was what was the hardest part of this project and that would be communicating together so we know that one of us are gonna add because we had a lot of trouble doing that. Our rube was working very well for that whole day until the time that the people showing up and then it was not working well and printed out our analysis and displayed of our rube. Out of all of the trouble we had with people stealing things from our rube from time to time I think I would like to do this again with a different idea that works all the time. ;)
Catching Fire Lab Project
This project was very interesting to me and to my group members because not only did we got to design our own project but we got the freedom to do what kind of experiment we wanted to do, and it was fun because we were able to figure out all of our problems and errors on our own. The purpose for this project was to do an experiment that would help you if you were out in a cold winter environment. I and my group members learned a lot about how density effects heat transfer, and how to make a controlled experiment with fire and with actual visible results, and of course how to work in a group with two people. I think Personally it was a fulfilling project for me because I felt very independent. My role in this project was to get all of the materials together and plan out the experiment. Also to do the experiment with one of my group members. I think that I definitely did contribute to our project a lot because obviously we could not do our project without the right materials and also doing the materials and keeping a very controlled burn which I think was very important to our group. I think that I took the role of being a leader and if one of our members didn't do what they were suppose to do, I would not be that guy who would just kick them out. I would give them a second chance. Overall I would love to do this project again.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.